UbiPark values the privacy of those who use our Website accessible at http://ubipark.com/ (Website), the UbiPark application owned and operated by us (Application) and services (together the Services) and makes all commercially reasonable efforts to protect it.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When we collect personal information directly from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your registration for, access and use of the Services;
- during conversations between you and our employees and representatives;
- by entering into a contract with us;
- by entering competitions and/or promotions run by us;
- by requesting information or material from us;
- by completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us; and/or
- when you update or alter your personal information in the customer console when you use the Services.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including from, for example from:
- third party companies and service providers which you provide personal information to in order to download our app, such as Apple, Inc. which operates the iTunes App Store;
- government entities;
- publicly available sources of information; and/or
- any other organisations where you have given your consent.
You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use our Services that require you to enable cookies or take advantage of all the features of our Services.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The primary reason that we collect certain personal information is to provide the best possible level of customer service. It enables us to provide our Services to you, deliver announcements regarding our Services, provide software updates for our Services, notify you of our special offers as well as provide you with convenient and personalized user access and improve the features and usability of our Services.
We may collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries, provide information and provide advice about our existing and new Services;
- to conduct business functions involving providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, services providers or third parties;
- for administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), survey, and research purposes;
- to update our records and keep your records up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation or direction of a regulator or governmental authority of any country;
- to analyse trends, administer our Application and Website, track your navigation of the Website and gather demographic information for aggregate use (note that IP addresses are not linked to “personally identifiable information”); and
- to aggregate information from multiple users without personally identifying individuals, such as geographic region, which we may share with our business partners to improve understanding of customer needs and provide relevant services to you.
HOW DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
UbiPark may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors and service providers for the purpose of providing the Services to you, including third party parking operators;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing and related purposes (such as auditors, lawyers, printers, postal services, call centres, hosting companies);
- companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- anyone, where you have provided us consent;
- where we are required to do so by law, such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth); and
- investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has as interest in our business.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that your personal information:
- will only be used for legitimate purposes in relation to our business and providing the Services to you;
- will not be provided to any third party for the purposes of any unsolicited marketing and spam.
We will not otherwise use, disclose or share your personal information with a third party without your consent, unless:
- we are required or permitted to do so by the law, including under the Privacy Act;
- your consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances;
- we believe on reasonable grounds that disclosure is required to prevent or lessen significant risk to the life or physical, mental or emotional health of a consumer or another person;
- we take appropriate action in relation to a reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities;
- disclosure is required to assist any entity, body or person to locate a person who has been reported as missing;
- disclosure is made for the purpose of:
- establishing, exercising or defending a legal or equitable claim; or
- a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
DATA SECURITY AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UbiPark is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems including through the following measures:
- Certain UbiPark Services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
- Regular auditing and monitoring our internal staff access to personal information.
- Destruction policy where we destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed.
- Storage of all personal information in a secure database protected by a security firewall to which only authorised staff have access.
Certain portions of the Services are open to any online viewer. Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected and used by anyone, and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages so you should carefully consider how you use the Services. UbiPark is not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to post in these locations.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date, therefore we may ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed. If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us (details below). We generally rely on you to ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate and complete.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to any of the personal information we hold about you. We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us (details below). When requesting access to your personal information, please provide us with as much detail as you can about the particular information you wish to access or correct, in order to help us retrieve it. We may charge a fee for our costs of retrieving and supplying the requested information to you.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information held by us, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, where there is a criminal enquiry, or if your request is vexatious. An explanation may be provided to you if required, if we deny you access to the personal information we hold about you.
If any personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date you have a right to request that we correct the information. If appropriate, we will correct the personal information at the time of the request, otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you as soon as practicable after receiving your request. If we refuse, if required we may provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information we hold about you.
USING GOVERNMENT IDENTIFIERS
If we collect government identifiers, such as your ABN, we do not use or disclose this information other than required or permitted by law.
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you and provide you with our Services. However, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information (for example, if you make general inquiries with us).
UbiPark Privacy Officer
Address: Suite 1417, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004
Telephone: 03 9863 7433
We endeavour to respond to complaints within 7 days of receipt. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Australian Information (Privacy) Commissioner (see www.oaic.gov.au).
CHANGES AND UPDATES
If UbiPark should ever sell its assets, merge with another entity or file for bankruptcy, information collected from the Application or the Website and in the operation of the Services may be transferred as assets of UbiPark.